Michael Kimani Kioneki is a storyteller and entrepreneur from East Africa. He is presently a co-founder at Fonbnk, where he heads growth for the Africa region.
Michael’s claim to fame is accelerating Africa’s technology startup ecosystem through:
- Community building a network in East Africa from 10 to 100,000 people that directly influenced blockchain policies by Kenyan and Ugandan governments.
- Growth hacking hundreds of thousands of users for Africa’s leading crypto gateways such as Paxful, and Localbitcoins in East Africa, contributing to Africa’s pole position in peer-to-peer transactions globally.
- Product innovation for 1 million + users for companies like Visa, Koko Networks, Zippie on digital products and platforms including a blockchain IDentity registry for SMEs project for an African government.
- Ongoing advisory for venture funds, companies, licensed financial institutions, and public blockchain distributed organization on African market entry strategies. For example Mercy Corps Ventures, Coinbase, tier 1 Banks in East Africa, and Ethereum, EOS Foundation and Stellar Development Foundation (SDF).
- Storytelling, specifically on crypto, blockchain and fintech resulted in 30 million + combined impressions with over 10% engagement rate on leading global publications such as Coindesk and NPR.