Olusegun is Prince2® certified professional and team player with a vast amount of experience (22 years) in a number of areas within the financial services, technology, investment banking operations and capital markets. He has worked across board in front, middle and back office capacities coupled with consulting and technology sales which makes him comfortable in front of any audience.
One of his main passions is driving the financial inclusion for Africa which fueled the creation of Jamborow. A Fintech platform that fully automates the practices of SACCOS and similar groups (Vicoba) across the continent encompassing other financial services such as insurance, healthcare, financial education and investment.
A former Account Director, West Africa for Governance, Risk and Compliance with Thomson Reuters, responsible for driving business development across the region and providing GRC advisory services to regulators and operators across a number of industries. During this period, Olusegun played strategic roles by participating as a panelist and organizing committee for the Nigerian Risk Awards and the annual ACAMS conference.
He joined Thomson Reuters from Dunn Loren Merrifield, a fully serviced investment bank where he served as a Senior Vice President responsible for trading operations, risk and compliance. Other previous roles include UBA Global Markets (UBA Capital) as Head of Operations before progressing to the position of Chief Operating Officer; A 2 year stint at top US investment bank Goldman Sachs International where he worked as part of a large project team in the Operational Risk and Controls area. He joined Goldman Sachs from a major brokerage firm, Tulletts Liberty PLC (currently known as Collins Stewart) where he spent 3 years working on the Fixed income trading floor in a specialist support and projects role.
Olusegun worked for Knight Securities International who were the number one Market Makers on the NASDAQ and also with Citibank NA as a Liaison officer in the Corporate and Inter-bank FX sales division. Olusegun began his career as a trainee with Barclays Plc in 1996, at their head office after graduation in 1995 from London South Bank University Business School, United Kingdom.
Major Projects include:
• Served on Sub- Committee for product development on the Securities and Exchange Commission – (SEC) Nigeria, NASD and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
• Launched Retail Bond and market making for the Nigerian Stock Exchange. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYGf37FyETw
• System Implementation – Straight Through Processing trading system (Reuters – Kondor+) and SunGard, ALM systems.
• Played major role in the procedure documentation of Nigerian GDR’s with CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria, Stanbic Nominees and Bank of New York.
• Due Diligence: Formed part of a quartet that successfully acquired a UK outfit as part of UBA’s strategic international growth plans.
• Developed framework and comprehensive policy documents for a shared services platform across 17 countries for UBA Group.
• ASEA Conference 2018 Panelist – Association Securities Exchanges Association: Regulatory Technology in The Capital Markets.
• Seed fund raising for Fintech start-up’s (Afrimart) and existing cross-border remittance form in Kenya (ImpalaPay) to promote financial inclusion.