Tenu Awoonor is an accomplished international business executive with over 18 years of experience in both private and public sectors. He has a proven track record in telecommunications, technology, and financial services, where his leadership has successfully transformed and revitalized organizations in Africa. Currently, he heads a Fin-Tech company focused on improving SMEs’ access to financial resources in Africa through digital and traditional channels, promoting broader financial inclusion.
Tenu Awoonor’s career is marked by notable achievements:
- He served as the Executive Vice President of Strategy at Airtel in Nigeria, contributing significantly to the company’s strategic direction.
- Tenu’s ability to work effectively across diverse cultures and his unique leadership style have consistently led to outstanding results in challenging environments.
- As the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Millicom in Ghana, he led a successful turnaround, achieving double-digit growth in revenue, EBITDA, and market share.
- Tenu was appointed as a Special Advisor to the President of Ghana, collaborating on the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund (GIIF) bill, a crucial sovereign wealth fund legislation passed by the Parliament of Ghana.
- He also served on the board of the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, College of Health Sciences at the University of Ghana, demonstrating his commitment to advancing healthcare and research.